Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Sunday, Y'all!

You know what that means? It's almost Monday. I'm sure that y'all are dreading the week as much as I am. Fortunately, I have no school on Tuesday, which I'd usually be absolutely ecstatic about, which trust me, I still am, but I have to finish that project mentioned in the previous post. Oh, joy.

I was kind of disappointed to wake up today and learn that we were not going to church, because my mother was sick. I'm the kind of person who likes to get out and do things, so I wasn't exactly happy about staying home. Since I did not get to have the usual country buffet meal I usually would have gotten, it was pretty much left up to me to make some food. Which was no easy feat, because there is absolutely NO groceries in my household. But, I did manage to find some things to gather together and make a shrimp pasta. It was quite simple, and turned out quite delicious. All I did was boil the pasta, and sautee the shrimp. Other than that I just made a simple garlic butter sauce that I poured on top of the pasta noodles and the shrimp. I also added some feta and mozzarella cheese on top of it all, just for a little bit more flavor. I would have preferred to make shrimp fettuccine alfredo, but I didn't have the ingredients to make the alfredo sauce. So I just had to make-do with what I had. But aside from thinking up a recipe from the top of my head with nothing to go by, it must have been pretty decent, because my mama had almost finished her plate by the time I was just finishing fixing mine.

So, this fall, I'm all for a classy look. I really, really love the messy bun , and I am more than ready to try and recreate it myself. It looks so effortlessly put together, but for some reason to me, it just always looks so good, on anyone!
  
I also love the messy bun that includes braids. I haven't been able to get this hairstyle perfected yet, but I'm still working on it. 

 As for shoes, three words: EQUESTRIAN STYLE BOOTS. I'm absolutely in love with them, and in fact, I'm hoping to get my hands on the pair below in the near future. 




You can get these at Macy's, like I hope to do so soon, for $99. They're just so versatile! You can wear them with jeans, and if you have the right dress, it's an absolutely adorable combination.


And since I live in the South, and it's still around 75 where I live, this dress by Judith March is still suitable for the weather. If I had $108 at the moment, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy it. I'm so in love with this "Ruffled By The Game" dress, it's perfectly fun and fabulous! You can find this dress, along with other Judith March dresses on The Red Dress Boutique website.




I also adore red wool coats for when the weather gets a little bit cooler.This one from Old Navy is on sale for $60, and is super feminine with its ruffles, but unfortunately out of stock in my size. 


And last but not least, PEARLS. They're just a year round staple for any Southern belle! Whether in bracelet, earring, or necklace form, you can never go wrong with them! And if you're looking for cute sorority or gameday pearls, head on over to The Gameday Girls website. They also have special order requests available.
 

So, now that y'all know some of the items on my fall wish list, what looks and styles are y'all into this fall? 

Hope y'all have a great Monday, and a great start to the week ahead!
XOXO,

 

3 comments:

  1. Hope your mom feels better. What you put together sounded yummy for lunch! im off from school on tuesday too! but then again its only one class lol. as for fall, im a messy bun girl myself but i love boots, sweaters,sweatshirts, dresses, and leggin's/tights! hope you have a good week at school ! good luck getting your project done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of these things! I've got a few Judith March dresses and I love them, especially for gamedays. The GameDay Girls are AMAZING, I love everything they make. I hope your momma feels better and that you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll be tickled pink and green(: