Saturday, October 30, 2010

So...

(this blog is from Thursday, October 28th, 2010. Completed and published on Saturday, October 30th, 2010.)

I'm quite aware that my blog looks less than snazzy until I feel like creating a new layout or whatever. But anyways, this is my first time blogging EVER. So I guess I will begin my blog by discussing my day.

School was a drag, as always, but I woke up quite happy knowing that I don't have to go to school tomorrow (thank God for teacher work days!). It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but we did have a pep rally for the band, which was quite odd, but due to this season's football team at my school not performing to their usual standards, this pep rally seemed a tad peppier than those for the football team. But this pep rally did make me miss when I was on homecoming court at the beginning of October (so sad I didn't have a blog then, or I would have made a blog about my homecoming experience...)

So after school, I went to my town's Super Wal-Mart, which is like our county's mall, because our county is so pitifully boring and small that we only have one Wal-Mart in it. I had to pick up some poster board for a project that is due soon, and I saw the CUTEST poster board ever. I just had to get it. I don't even know what I will do with it, but I'm sure I'll come up with a grand idea eventually. 


After going to Wal-Mart, I went over the river and through the woods to my grandmother's house. Not really, just down a main highway. I was so excited because she completely surprised me with a Vanilla Cupcake Yankee Candle, with the matching lip balm! I already have the lip balm that I got a few weeks ago, but I love it so much half of it is already gone. She must have felt generous because she also ordered me A Southern Belle Primer: Or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma by Maryln Schwartz. It has great reviews, and I've heard that it is a must for any Southern lady to read, so I highly recommend it to anyone who has not read it.




On another note, I am super excited for the holidays! I love everything about the holidays. The food, the presents, the atmosphere, it is just simply my favorite time of the year. This year for gifts, I'm making each of my friends a personalized ornament. Each ornament is lime green, and will be decorated with a hot pink and white polka dot bow, along with their initials monogrammed in hot pink! They will also get a cute little cupcake ornament, all in a takeout style box. I got one half of the takeout boxes in a cute polka dot design, and the other half in stripes. I'm so ready to get started on this project of mine.



This isn't exactly what it looks like but it's definitely where my inspiration for the gifts came from. For those not as creative, you can get one like the one above at The Polka Dot Gift Shoppe for $9 each.






XOXO,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'll be tickled pink and green(: